Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Stucture of The Universe


After 32 years of working with this simplicity, today I realized to a greater degree how wonderfully beautiful basic things are. In my humble profession I use these figures to make land suitable for humans. I've always revered the great importance in their truths. Now I see plainly the astronomy in them.

I was on the witness stand 4 hours today as an expert witness concerning matters such as these. In the final moments the Judge wanted me to answer questions I thought were twisted, and I refused to answer a simple yes or no. He got unhappy, and would move on to another question I thought was similar, and on it went. I thought I might be hauled off any minute but wouldn't budge from what I thought was true. He left me no choice. In this moment of stress and uncertainty I saw for just a glimpse, the absolute pure magic in what we were doing, and what makes little numbers so special. They must be honored.